I need to start counting the number of people that contact me selling something. The count over time would amaze me. That might not amaze you but the amount of people that have to call me back with the conversion rates or ROI for the investment is truly amazing.
I guess this is a guide on how to sell to me.
I don’t care about:
- Your company history.
- Who your CEO is and what other companies they have started and sold.
- How long you have been in business.
- How many employees you have.
- The number of years of combined experience.
- the amount of time that you have spent in R&D on the product.
What I care about:
- How the product works.
- How it applies to my business.
- Who else is using it.
- Average past results of others. Conversion rate, etc.
- Parallel industries that are using the product.
That’s about all. If you can put aside the first list and give me the stats we’ll forgo the point of me starting to look at email, out the window, cutting you off to ask the second list or writing a blog post about this during a conference call at which point you’ll realize I’m not paying attention to you when you ask me a question.